Fractional Distillation Equipment
by B/R Instrument
Fractional distillation is a technique used to purify solvents, chemicals, natural products, petroleum, biodiesel, crude oil and other materials.
The distillation column separates various components according to their boiling points. The more efficient the distillation column, the better the separation.
Fractionating can be done in either a traditional packed distillation column or in a spinning band distillation column. B/R offers both types of distillation columns.
- boiler sizes ranging from 50 to 1000 liters
- most often used to purify chemicals, essential oils and for research applications
- it has also been used to distill biodiesel and crude oil
- boiler sizes ranging from 1 to 50 liters
- most often used for solvent recycling, essential oil purification and research projects
- it has also been used for petroleum, biodiesel and crude oil distillation
- the efficient distillation column produces high purity distillate
- used for the distillation of batches from 50 ml to 1000 ml
- the high efficiency distillation column can produce distillate with extremely high purity and make close boiling point separations
- common applications include crude oil, petroleum and essential oils
- it has also been used for chemical separations and research
- used for the distillation of batches from 5 to 100 ml
- can distill tiny samples and can also produce a high degree of purification of the distillate
- widely used to fractionate crude oil, petroleum, essential oils and biodiesel.
Automation and Accessories: The fractional distillation process can be fully automated from beginning to end. Automation assures safety and allows unattended operation. Accessories such as automatic fraction collectors, vacuum (for reducing boiling points), and receivers can be added to customize the distillation system to your needs.