If you need consistent, high quality recycled solvents, you need fractional distillation.
The good solvent and the contaminants have different boiling points. By paying attention to the boiling point (vapor temperature) you can separate the good (clean solvent) from the bad (contaminants).
Here is an example of the fractional distillation of xylene.
- A solvent recycler that comes with a solvent purity guarantee
- A solvent recycler that distills by temperature, not time.
- A distillation column that has highely engineered column packing made of stainless steel.
- Recyclers that distill by time – they tend to give inconsistent quality recycled solvent
- Recyclers that use home made column packing made of steel that can rust.